Friday, March 12, 2010

field trip

I'm so excited!  Today is an unusual day for our family.  We are going on a field trip with our homeschool group and we have the rare treat of having Ronnie go with us.  Not surprisingly, he is usually working when we go on field trips and so I am usually the one that takes the kids.  I am not complaining, but I would be lying if I said that there aren't times when it would be easier to have him with us when I am trying to keep up with three kids.

Today, we are going to the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies with the kids' Zoology co-op class.  This year their class is Apologia Swimming Creatures of the 5th Day.  I absolutely love Apologia science.  The textbook is written directly to the students, which seems to hold their interest better than some other textbooks we have used.  I am pretty sure that this tour today will be a great way to connect what they have learned to the real world.

The other advantage to this field trip today ... and the reason that Ronnie is with us ... is that the place we will be touring is in his home town, which is about 3 hours away from home.  The kids were so excited yesterday that we could barely contain them.  They love to come and spend time with Granny, so this is a double treat for them.

Hopefully, following this tour today, I will have some great pictures to show you of the kids and the animals they will get to see today.

No comments: