Tuesday, March 2, 2010

daybook

#8 for 2010

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Outside my window ~
it is dreary and cold.

I am wearing ~
blue jeans and my Operation Christmas Child t-shirt.

I am hearing ~
The kids watching Gilligan's Island, their new favorite show.
You should hear them sing the theme song .... so cute!

I am going ~
to try and get things back to normal around here.

I am noticing that ~
I am way behind in everything these days.

I am thinking ~
about how thankful I am for our family and friends.

I am hoping ~
that D gets back to normal soon after his dental surgery yesterday.
He's not feeling too spiffy today, and his cold isn't helping.

I am reading ~
re-reading a lot of research on Bible translations.

I am creating ~
the boys have asked for clipboards like the ones LB and I made last week.
I am debating about letting them actually make their own, or doing them myself and
eliminating some of the mess.

I am remembering and praying for~
my aunt and uncle and their family ...
they are walking through some very difficult days right now.

Counting my blessings ~
D's successful surgery, great doctors and nurses yesterday,
our wonderful friends and family,
the tangible evidence of God's leading in this situation.

On my mind ~
how blessed my family is.
(I used this last week, too ... but I can't get away from the truth of it)

Words that I am pondering ~
Put on the whole armor of God,
that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 
Ephesians 6:11

From the learning rooms ~
Book-It reports and co-op work

From the kitchen ~
lots of soft, bland foods since that is all D can eat for a couple more days.

Around the house ~
just the usual messes ...
I am battling a serious lack of motivation to tackle what must be done.

A few plans for the rest of the week ~
dance this afternoon, Book-It tomorrow, musical practice on Thursday and co-op on Friday,
and that is just during the day ... I also have to cook for a meeting on Thursday night
 and find some time to actually do some school work.

One of my favorite things ~
an uninterrupted school day ... which we haven't had in some time now.

A picture to share with you ~
one of my favorite pictures of D - taken when he was about 2.

Please take a moment to visit The Simple Woman's Daybook
to see other daybooks or to learn how to create your own.

Thanks for visiting!
I hope you have a great week

3 comments:

justcallmerie said...

So glad his surgery went well yesterday. I will continue to pray for his recovery.

We are doing book-it tomorrow because izzy wanted to do the diorama, and I was encouraged she wanted to read a book on her own instead of being forced. See y'all then!

Motivation - what's that?

Felicity said...

I'm glad your son's surgery went off well! I do hope he'll soon be himself again. Sorry your weather is dreary and cold. Ours is still so hot, that I'm almost looking forward to cold weather... (I'll probably be saying something else in July/August. Have a good week!

Handwoven Dreams said...

I TOTALLY understand about how hard it is to have uninterupted school days. Maybe I never really had them? :o)

Take care and talk to you soon!