Tuesday, March 30, 2010

daybook

#12 for 2010
hosted by Peggy @ The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window ... the sun is shining and it promises to be another beautiful day.

I am wearing ... black pants with a black shirt and a black and purple jacket ... all part of an outfit my mom gave me a couple of Christmases ago.

I am hearing ... the TV on up front and birds singing in the back yard.

I am going ... to the dentist this morning to see what the damage is to a tooth I broke last week, and what the damage will be to my wallet to fix it!

I am thinking ... that I really don't have time to post this morning ...

I am hoping ... that the dentist appointment will be quick since Ronnie is having to take off work to keep the kids.

I am reading ... just finished What She Left for Me by Tracie Peterson.  A departure from normal for me, but still a pretty good book.

I am creating ... LB and I have been playing around with quilling since our Keepers meeting last Wednesday ... it is a lot of fun.

I am remembering ... the fun I had with my cousins at my grandparents' houses as a kid and how much I love seeing my kids enjoy the places where Ronnie and I grew up.

On my mind ... our choir musical this Sunday ... the musical has been powerful for me just rehearsing and I am praying that it will have a strong impact on those who hear it and that we will present it as an offering to our Savior and not a performance for the crowd.

Words that I am pondering ... I absolutely love the song that our choir sang last Sunday morning ... these words never fail to make me stop and think about the wonder of my salvation.
"Before the throne of God above I have a strong and perfect plea, a great High Priest whose name is Love who ever lives and pleads for me.  My name is graven on His hands.  My name is written on His heart.  I know that while in heav'n He stands no tongue can bid me thence depart."
From the learning rooms ... we will soon need to begin a seven day science experiment the kids brought home from co-op last week.  I haven't read it yet, but they are excited about getting it started.  I also need to write the syllabus for the co-op class I am teaching next year ... we will have sign up next Monday.

From the kitchen ... chicken strips with mac-n-cheese and green beans tonight ... that is as far as I have gotten in my planning, so I suppose we'll just wing it the rest of the week.

Around the house ... I am trying to get ready for our new living room furniture!

A few plans for the rest of the week ... not much out of the ordinary ... I have a missions meeting on Thursday night and we may have a family gathering at my brother's house on Saturday.

One of my favorite things ... being in the van alone and singing along to my favorite music.

A picture to share with you ... Daddy and the kids getting the tomatoes started last year ... they  have already been at it this year and I can't wait to get out there and help get things going.  This year Daddy bought a tiller and he is going to teach me how to use it!  This should be interesting.


Thanks for visiting!
I hope you have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

justcallmerie said...

Jennifer tilling, um . . .

Felicity said...

Hope all goes well at the dentist! Oh boy, do I hate the dentist!!
Have a wonderful Easter!

Hen Jen said...

sounds like a good day, well except for the dentist part, hope that went well! We are starting our garden now, too.

many blessings,