Thursday, March 18, 2010

beach souvenirs

Here is just a little bit of what we did on the coast this weekend ...

At the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies
LB and her friends touching one of the animals ...
I think this may have been the horse shoe crab.


The boys getting an up-close look at a starfish,
 umm, I mean a sea star.


On the beach

Sea gull tracks ... pretty cool, huh?

The pictures are my souvenirs,
but the kids got some of their own, too ...


Anybody got any ideas for a good use of broken shells
and a bunch of sand?

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Looks like a wonderfully fun filled day! I'm not sure what I would do with all the broken shells. Am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Handwoven Dreams said...

Your beach pictures are great! I'm glad ya'll had a good time!

KTElltt said...

That looks like such fun! I especially love the last picture -- proof of a great day of work/play...