Tuesday, March 9, 2010

daybook

#9 for 2010

Outside my window ... it is raining, again.  But the temps are warmer and we have had several days of sun, so I won't complain ... too much.

I am hearing ... the rain falling, D snoring softly in my bed, and the music from my playlist.

I am wearing ... jeans and a gray, long-sleeved "fighting okra" t-shirt from my college days.

I am going ... to take JW to speech this morning - which is why I am actually dressed this early in the day ;-) - and LB to dance this afternoon.  Tonight, I am going to a teachers' meeting for next year's co-op with our homeschool group.  I am really looking forward to teaching again next year.

I am noticing that ... the tree out front is putting out tiny buds ... spring is definitely on the way.

I am thinking ... that Thursday afternoon can't get here soon enough.  I am so looking forward to getting out of town for the weekend.

I am hoping ... for pretty weather on the coast this weekend.

I am reading ... still working my way back through Bible translations research.

I am creating ... decoupaged clipboards for the boys.  They wanted to have the clipboards like their sister got to make.  I actually offered to let JW work on his own, but he declared that it was a "girl thing," so I did it myself.

I am remembering ... the many things on my to-do list for today.

On my mind ... some words that I wish I hadn't spoken ... and what to do about it, if anything.

Words that I am pondering ... "Does my life exhibit enough hope for someone to ask the reason for it?  Maybe worse than not having a good answer is the possibility that no one even notices enough difference in my life to ask me about it."  (See 1 Peter 3:15)

Counting my blessings ... several days of sunshine, the cough medicine working and LB getting a good night's sleep last night, the boys feeling better from their colds, something to look forward to this weekend.

From the learning rooms ... we need to catch up this week after the crazy week we had last week.  Part of our trip to the coast this weekend will be a field trip to a marine life research center.  I think the kids will really enjoy getting to see some marine life up close and personal.

From the kitchen ... Ronnie requested meatloaf, so that is the plan for supper.  I think we'll have oven-baked rice and purple-hull peas to go with it.  If the day goes well, I may even make some fresh bread.

Around the house ... I am again trying to tackle the clutter that is overtaking the house.

One of my favorite things ... hot coffee and oatmeal cookies.

A picture to share with you ... LB used the new craft she learned to make a gift for a friend's birthday.  This is a little wooden shopping bag that she decoupaged and filled with little notepads and pens/pencils, and a little candy lip gloss (she is such a "girlie" girl).   I did help her get the paper cut out to the correct size and placed neatly, but she did most of it herself.


Verse for the week ... goes with the week of prayer for North American missions ...
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
 for it is the power of God unto salvation to
every one that believeth; to the Jew first,
and also to the Greek.  Romans 1:16

Thanks for visiting ...
I hope you have a great week!

Please visit Peggy, who graciously hosts these daybooks each week.

3 comments:

Felicity said...

I hope you have a great weekend!! It's so good to get away. I like your daughter's craft too! My eldest has kinda 'outgrown' that - sniff! Coffee and oatmeal cookies sound wonderful!! Enjoy!

Greg and Donna said...

LB did a great job on the gift! It is so cute. See you tomorrow at Keepers.

Donna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love comments, too! ;)

Yes, the Great Sand Dunes National Park is the name of that place I was talking about. Thanks for letting me know!

Your daughter's craft turned out beautifully! What a neat idea. I have done decoupage, but it's been years...

I hope you enjoy your time away...it's always good to get refreshed. We just recently had a day away and it was so nice to get away from all the busy-ness of life. Have a great weekend. I'll be back to visit again.