Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Revisiting the picky eater issue ...

I guess this is going to be a continuing subject for me, since this morning JW raised the bar on picky eating.

A week or two ago, I made pancakes for the first time. Ronnie has made them for the kids before, but I had never made them myself. Actually, pancakes belong to that group of foods that I didn't really like as a kid, but am learning to eat as an adult, but that isn't really the point. The point is this: I made the pancakes and everyone ate them, including JW, who even asked for seconds. Wow, this is the definition of a good meal in our house ~ everyone eating and enjoying the same thing.

So, I thought I would be safe making pancakes for breakfast. It seemed like a good idea until JW gets up and says "I don't like pancakes anymore." WHAT??? Why?

Well, suffice it to say, he did eat pancakes for breakfast ... I don't think he enjoyed them ~ he told me he didn't like the brown ones. What does that mean? I am not sure, but I think the only way to avoid brown, is to serve them raw.

Isn't life fun?

No comments: