Thursday, March 26, 2009

Everything has to eat

I know that all living things need food, but there are some meals I never expected to witness. So, imagine my surprise when JW casually said this afternoon, "Mama, there is another mourning dove in the yard." We had been watching one on a tree in the back yard and I was explaining that it was a "mourning" not "morning" dove. Anyway, I walk to the window and look out only to discover that the bird in the yard was not a dove at all. It was a small hawk munching on an even smaller bird. It was a nice nature lesson for the kids, even though LB was a little grossed out by the whole scene.

I took these pictures through my bedroom window, so they aren't the greatest, but I still think it was pretty cool to get to see this up close and personal.

No comments: