Saturday, July 3, 2010

my new toy

Okay, so it isn't really new ...
 (actually, it is 20~something years old)
but it is new to me.


It may have been just a little dusty when I got it ...

but it was free (!) ...

and quite easy to clean.




I just picked it up this morning and already ...

I finally finished this!
Of course, all I had to do was sew the hem and fix the shoulder ties, but still . . .
I am proud of getting it done and I even added decorative buttons to cover up
the not so pretty stitches attaching the ties to the dress.


I don't know what my next project will be ...
LB has big plans for learning to sew herself and also
for me making doll clothes for her American Girl doll, so we shall see.

Whatever project I (or we) decide to tackle ...
none of it would be possible if my sister-in-law
hadn't been willing to donate to my cause!

Thank you, Teresa!
I hope you enjoy your weekend visiting your
baby girl while I sew for mine!

4 comments:

Katharine said...

Fun! And good for you!...Enjoy your weekend!

justcallmerie said...

It looks great! Makes me feel kinda bad there has been one sitting around here for eight years and I haven't figured out how to use it!

KTElltt said...

Go, girl! I actually just finished a pillow case dress today and Addie claimed it. I am now working on one to actually send to Zambia. You're so right that the machine makes all the difference!!!!! :)

Greg and Donna said...

Congratulations! I know that you will enjoy using it and exploring "new lands" with LB. Its sure alot of fun to create goodies. Especially when we can use the goodies for a good cause!