Monday, April 20, 2009

Another Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today ...
Monday, April 20, 2009


Outside my window ... a lovely spring evening, with a freshly cut yard and children playing for a few more minutes before they have to come in for the evening.


I am thinking ... about how nice it is that we get to stay home this evening.

From the learning rooms ... we will begin our state study of Tennessee tomorrow in preparation for our upcoming vacation.

I am thankful for ... the opportunity for my kids to share the musical our home school group has been working on with a local retirement home this morning. We were supposed to be there to bless the residents, and I feel sure that the children accomplished that, but I found myself blessed just by being there, and especially by one lady who shared a small amount of the wisdom she gained as an educator for 40 years. At least one of her suggestions will be put into action this week.

From the kitchen ... Lentils, rice and green salad for dinner tonight ... we will be eating late since I decided to mow the yard when I would normally have been cooking supper ... it was worth it though.

I am wearing ... the shorts and t-shirt I mowed in ... yuck!

I am reading ... Anne's House of Dreams ... I enjoyed Anne of Green Gables so much that I decided to finish the trilogy. I really need to get back to my reading list for the Spring Reading Thing if I am going to have any chance to finish everything I had planned.

I am hoping ... for a return to "normal" this week and that this will inject some calm into what has been a chaotic couple of weeks.

I am going ... to take a shower and put on my jammies as soon as I finish this post!

I am creating ... a plan for our family page for the yearbook our home school group does. It is due tomorrow night, so I had better get busy!
I am hearing ... one of my absolute favorite songs ... When God Ran by Phillips, Craig and Dean.

Around the house ... lots of straightening up to do from the busy weekend and, of course, laundry.

One of my favorite things ... freshly mowed grass and a clean carport.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... the usuals of baseball and dance and, since the nice weather is supposed to continue, the kids and I will be helping my Daddy set out about 200 tomato plants!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you ...

JW's first baseball game ... he is so proud of his number!

Don't forget to visit Peggy for more daybook fun.



No comments: