Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... April 6, 2009

Outside my window... it has been a gorgeous day but cooler than the last few days … we are expecting a frost tonight, but hopefully the new plants will make it.

I am thinking... about heading down to Daddy’s to cover the tomato plants in the garden.

From the learning rooms... the usual, plus some fun art projects for the week. I am hoping to finish up a couple of books this week with the kids.

I am thankful for... another year to celebrate … today is my 35th birthday.

From the kitchen... mini barbecue beef sandwiches, green beans and peas … odd mixture I know, but leftovers are perfect for ball practice nights.

I am wearing... jeans and a white shirt … soon to be changed for a sweatshirt since I’ll be outside for a little while tonight.

I am reading... Anne of Green Gables and Mere Christianity.

I am hoping... that the garden survives our cold snap and that the musical our church choir is supposed to sing on Sunday comes together.

I am creating... a gift for a long-time friend.

I am hearing... the tv up front and my blog music.

Around the house... our de-cluttering project is finally coming together, and thanks to a fund-raising garage sale at the church, I have a guilt free way of getting rid of everything!
One of my favorite things... friends ~ old and new.

A few plans for the rest of the week... ball practice, extra choir practices, finish up the house project (I hope), and looking forward to a restful weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


My very nervous little guy waiting for his turn to bat. Truth be told, his mama is just as nervous!

I invite you to join in the daybook fun by visiting Peggy @ The Simple Woman. They are lots of fun to read or create.

No comments: