Friday, April 24, 2009

Home

Tonight, after JW's baseball game (which his team won! so far they are undefeated ~ go Knights!) we took the kids to a local pizza place for supper. They begged to sit outside and since the weather was pleasant, we agreed. As I sat there, watching the sun set behind the trees I realized something ... I really like living in the place where I grew up. Every now and then I find myself feeling a little jealous of those who have moved away from home and experienced something totally different from their childhood. When I married a minister almost 12 years ago, I expected to be experiencing just that, something different from my childhood. I didn't really expect God to call us back to my home town. My husband is from another part of our state, and we were willing to go anywhere that God called us. While I am sure that I would be able to call home any town that God called our family to, I am thankful that He has allowed me to raise my children just about 5 minutes from the place my family has called home for the past 26 years.

Tonight, God reminded me of the blessings in the small things: home and family being the two that I take for granted most often. I am thankful, but it helps to be reminded every once in a while that I need to say thank you for these and the many other blessings I experience every day.

No comments: