Tuesday, June 7, 2011

prayers

Today, my heart is heavy.

One of my oldest and dearest friends has just lost her Daddy.  I have known Stacey and her family for nearly 30 years and I can only imagine how hard this day is for her.  I have many memories of both of her parents and the fun that we had when we were kids hanging out at her house.  Despite their pain, I am thankful that Stacey and her family have the assurance that her Daddy's suffering is over and he is at peace with his Lord.

Today is also the day that Marie, one of my newer, but no less dear, friends will be having surgery and then awaiting test results.  I know that Marie is trusting God as she and her family walk through today and whatever lies ahead for them.

I am so thankful for the friendships that I have with these two women and I want them to know that they are being lifted up in prayer today and will continue to be prayed for in the days to come.

No comments: