Friday, May 7, 2010

a post about nothing of any consequence . . .

Spring is rapidly giving way to summer here in the south and the difference in quite noticeable.  As far as the weather goes, the nights are still comfortable but the humidity is already weighing heavy during the day.  My kids went out to play this morning and by the time they came back in an hour later they already needed baths.  Besides that, they have begun whining about how hot it is when I send them outside to play in the afternoons ... I have little sympathy when I know that they want to leave the beautiful sunshine to come inside and turn their brains to mush watching television.


We have had a very busy couple of weeks around here.  Between baseball games and getting Daisy and extra practices for the kids' musical and book-it, we haven't had much down time at our house.  But, things are looking up.  The kids musical was last night and they did a great job.  I must admit that when I left practice on Tuesday, I had little hope of a successful performance, but they are real troopers and worked hard to pull it off - and they did!  LB had a speaking part and she and JW both were in the choir.  I am proud of all the kids, and I am glad that my kids get to be involved with this kind of thing, but honestly, I am glad they are done for this year!  Things will slowly wind down from here and by the end of May we will be done with all extra-curricular activities.  Woo-hoo!


We seem to be adjusting to life with a pet quite well.  Daisy is a sweet dog and handles play with the kids quite well.  I find myself continually telling them all - but especially LB - to put her down.  They want to carry her everywhere, but she has feet that work and I prefer for them to be on the ground!  They hatched a plan yesterday to see how she liked the tree.  The idea was that JW would climb the tree and then LB would hand Daisy up to him.  Fortunately, I discovered the plan before they could carry it out.  Hopefully, Daisy will survive the puppy stage and soon be too big for them to pick up!


I have a couple of big posts floating around in my head, but I have no idea when I'll get around to posting them.  One is the part 2 to my Wednesday night post.  I have begun typing it, but just haven't had time to do it justice.  The other one was born out of a discussion about cultural Christians on AFR yesterday.  I don't know if I'll be brave enough to post my conclusions on that topic or not.


I hope all of you have had a great week and are looking forward to a great weekend.  JW's baseball team is playing his cousin's team tonight, so we are getting set for a little friendly rivalry.  As for the rest of our weekend, we are hoping to get Daisy moved into her new home in the back yard this weekend!  I'm not sure if she'll be happier there or not, but I know I will be happier to have her out of my living room!  Actually, she hasn't been much trouble at all, but we never planned on an inside dog and I don't have any desire to change that!


One final observation ... it seems that the change of seasons is affecting how often my bloggy friends post ... I miss you guys!

1 comment:

KTElltt said...

The end of our school year has been super busy, therefore I'm not posting as much! But I've had a few posts swirling myself... Do the cultural Christians one, please! I JUST got home from a youth girls weekend retreat on modesty and its beginning in the heart. It is so hard to speak to that when our girls are so inundated with the culture...