Thursday, May 7, 2015

Daybook 5/7/15

For Today...
May 7, 2015

Outside my window…
another beautiful Spring day.
We are having an unusually long stretch of spring weather ~ it has been wonderful!

I am thinking about and praying for…
a couple of friends who are going through tough times right now.

I am thankful…
that Daniel chose not to play baseball this year.  I miss it (a lot!), but with the older kids in two plays, with rehearsal several nights a week, it would just be too much!

I am wearing…
gray shorts and 
an Operation Christmas Child t-shirt.

I am creating…
a schedule for our “summer school” … in my head at least.  I need to take time to get it down on paper.

I am going…
to do school work this morning,
to drama practice this afternoon while my Daddy takes Lora to dance, and to a meeting at church tonight while Ronnie takes the older two kids to their "other" drama rehearsal.
Whew! 
And today is a slow day!

I am hoping…
to make it to June 6th 
with my sanity intact!

I am wondering…
about lots of things … 
none really worth sharing.

I am reading…
The Voyage of the 'Dawn Treader ' 
by C.S. Lewis.
The kids are thoroughly enjoying reading the Chronicles of Narnia series for the first time.  I won’t let them watch the movies until we finish all of the books, which should happen in the next month, or so.

I am learning…
that everyone is going through something.

In my kitchen…
baked chicken and veggies for supper tonight. I have an ulterior motive…leftover chicken made into chicken salad for lunch tomorrow!

In the homeschool room…
Lora is working hard on her poetry project for her final in 9th grade literature.  I am very excited to see what she comes up with. The boys are just plugging along at normal stuff for today.  After today, we will officially be on hiatus until after the performances of Pilgrim next week.

A favorite quote for today…
“…When I was young, I would see all these people with blemishes but as I got closer, I saw they weren’t blemishes at all.  
They were scars.”

One of my favorite things…
taking pictures of flowers and bugs and other “nature” things.

A peek into one of my days…
a few of my spring bugs and things




Join Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog for more daybooks.

No comments: