Tuesday, October 4, 2011

daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It is an absolutely beautiful day!  Fall is in the air and
while it may not be here to stay, I am going to enjoy it while I can.

I am thinking...
about D's birthday coming up and the fact that I still haven't posted about LB's birthday.

I am thankful...
for home schooling friends who remind me what is important.

From the learning rooms...
today we will begin reading about famous explorers as we prepare for Book-It next week.

In the kitchen...
Ronnie brought home about 8 huge bags of frozen onions from work last week (he works for a trucking company and sometimes they get to use things from undeliverable loads) so I think I'll make him some french onion soup for supper tonight and maybe I'll get really energetic and make fresh bread to go with it ... now I just have to decide what to fix for the kiddos who wouldn't touch the soup with a ten-foot pole!

I am wearing...
gray sweats, orange t-shirt

I am creating...
I'm working on a crocheted doll blanket for one of my shoe boxes
 and a small afghan for my mom's birthday

I am going...
nowhere today ... Ronnie has my van!

I am wondering...
why some things have to be so complicated!

I am reading...
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

I am hoping...
for many things ... one thing in particular is that LB is happy with the
results from her fair entries.  Last year she entered 4 items, this year she had 13.

I am looking forward to...
working the fair booth for Operation Christmas Child this Saturday.

I am hearing...
the boys playing the wii and LB talking about her dog.

Around the house...
we are going to need to find somewhere to display the
completed fair projects we'll be bringing home in a couple of weeks.

I am pondering...
how to handle an uncomfortable situation with the right attitude.

One of my favorite things...
FALL!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
going to see our fair entries displayed on Thursday,
then to the pumpkin patch on Friday, and the fair on Saturday.

Here is picture I am sharing...
Before and after pics of the boys' recent haircuts ...
no offense to any long-haired boys/men out there,
but I have to tell you that I like them better with short hair!


 Don't forget to check out other daybooks over at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

Hi Jennifer -- enjoyed your daybook entry! It amazes me how a simple linky tool can connect such different and similar people from all over the place! :) Fall is one of my absolute favorites, too. I had to laugh at your comment about the kids and the French Onion soup. I love it -- but my dh does not. Since it's just the two of us, I don't bother -- but hearing you talk about it kind of gave me a taste for it -- I'll have to order some the next time we're out! Have a GREAT October! :)

justcallmerie said...

I'm one of those loving long hair! Just ask Gregg, it is the object of lots of conversations around here - I love his long, he loves it short.

And those waves on James - look out, girls are gonna want to run their fingers through that!

Greg and Donna said...

Handsome young men with new haircuts. See you at the fair on Thursday!

Felicity said...

You've got very good looking boys there, Jennifer!
I enjoyed reading "Redeeming Love" although it left me feeling very sad for a while after.
French Onion soup sounds great. There are so many things I like to cook and eat and my kids won't touch... part of being a mom I guess.
Enjoy your fall, we're supposed to be in spring here, but most of the time it feels like summer.