Wednesday, December 22, 2010

a family first

At the request of our friend Brad, Ronnie took on a two night acting job as the guy in the red suit.  Amazingly, he thoroughly enjoyed playing the part and had great fun talking to the kids.  He did say that he was amazed by the kids and what they asked for ... things like four-wheelers, cell phones, and other electronic gadgets.  Then there was the little girl who only wanted a new dress for her Mom.   I am sure that there were many children who fell in the middle of these extremes, but when I asked, Ronnie said that there were so many kids that he really couldn't remember much of what they said. 

The people who made the biggest impression on him were the adults ... not the adults bringing kids, but the older teens and adults who wanted to sit on his lap and have their picture made ... too funny!  There was even one rather large man who asked if Santa would sit in his lap!  I think he was rather surprised when Ronnie agreed ... I hate I wasn't there to see that!

I did take our kids out to see Santa last night and even though they knew it was their Daddy, they didn't want to stand in line to talk to him.  We waited until he was done and then I took a picture of them with him ... their first ever picture with Santa!



 
Our friend, Amy, had some nice things to say about my hubby on her blog today, along with pictures of my Santa with her Poptart and Gogurt.  Thanks, Amy, and thanks Brad (Amy's husband) for asking Ronnie to do this ... I really think he had a wonderful time!

While we were waiting on Ronnie to finish up, I took a few pictures of the kids around the other decorations in the park and a nice lady offered to take a picture of all of us.



I have to share that our time last night was a great way to end what had been a really nice day, overall.  LB spent the day with her friend H and their family so that she could go to dance class with H for their Christmas party.  I have to take just a moment to brag on my little girl who won the dance contest (for remembering the most ballet steps ... she missed 1/2 of one step) for the 2nd year in a row!  With LB taken care of, I took the boys to my brother's house since he had volunteered to keep them while I went shopping with Mama and his wife.  We ate lunch together and then did a little shopping together before splitting up to make the best use of our time.  I don't spend a lot of time shopping all by myself, and I must say that I enjoyed the freedom while I finished up our last minute gifts.  I am thrilled to be finished with my shopping and ready to spend my time preparing for our family time this week.

I would like to think that I will find time to blog again before Christmas, but in reality I probably won't, so ....

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Katharine said...

Merry Christmas Jennifer! I hope your holiday is filled with Love, Laughter, Hope and Wonder!
Blessings!