Tuesday, June 15, 2010

worn out

I got the kids up early this morning to get ready for day 2 of VBS, which starts at the insane incredibly early (at least for my family) time of 8:30 AM.  We got home quite late last night and so the kids got in the bed way too late to be getting up so early, but the big kids were excited enough not to complain.


D was a different story, though.  When I picked them up yesterday he jumped in the van and said, "THAT WAS FUN!"  I thought we were home free for the week, until he told me that he didn't want to go back because the arm band they have to wear (for safety reasons) tickled.  I figured we could get past that little obstacle.  And we did. 


Until we got to the church this morning and I literally couldn't pry him off of me.  I did finally manage to get him passed off to one of the teachers and I left, after telling them to please call me if he didn't calm down.


Just for the record, I only thought I felt guilty yesterday ... today was much worse!  D has never been separated from me except at our church and even then he has had the same Sunday School teacher since he was 2 and he knows that we aren't actually leaving him! 


I had only been home long enough to pour a cup of coffee before the phone rang and I knew who it was before I ever looked at the caller id ...


While we were walking to the van, I asked him if he didn't like his class ... he didn't really have an answer for that question, but he did tell me, "I love that office, though!"  Silly kid.


Before you feel sorry for me missing my morning all alone, let me tell you that I really didn't miss anything.  We went home, D got on the couch and was asleep in about 5 minutes and slept until time to leave to pick up the big kids.


Me?  I snapped beans and watched M*A*S*H.  It was lovely!


Tomorrow is still a toss-up ... but the lure of making stick horses may just be enough to entice him back!

1 comment:

Greg and Donna said...

I saw the stick horses yesterday...every little boy needs one. They are adorable! Hope tomorrow goes smoothly for both of you!