Monday, December 7, 2009

Daybook for December 7th

Outside my window ... puddles are forming.

I am wearing ... the usual ~ sweats and a t-shirt ~ my uniform for days that I don't need to go anywhere.

I am hearing ... the kids dusting in the living room (LB is assigning duties to the boys) ~ they are serious about getting everything clean so we can put up the Christmas tree tonight.

I am going ... to have to be creative for lunch today since I don't plan to buy groceries until later.

I am noticing that ... lately I am becoming more aware of blessings that don't come in tangible form.

I am thinking ... about making the kids new ornaments this year instead of buying them.  Any ideas???

I am hoping ... to get lots of decorating done today.

I am reading ... not much ... I'll be choosing a new book to read with the kids today.

I am creating ... a new journal for the new year and hopefully new stockings for the kids.

I am remembering ... a wonderful "girls' night out" with LB on Saturday as we went to see The Nutcracker.

I am thankful for ... needs met.

On my mind ... my mom having chemo today and a friend having surgery tomorrow.

Words that I am pondering ... Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; for he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

From the learning rooms ... we'll be working right up to Christmas since we took a long break at Thanksgiving, so I plan to work in some fun stuff with the math and language that we will be focusing on the next few weeks.

From the kitchen ... roasted sweet potatoes and carrots with a pork roast for dinner tonight.  I still need to complete my menu for the week before going grocery shopping.

Around the house ... it is starting to look a tiny bit like Christmas!

A few plans for the rest of the week ... dinner with our ladies' group (wMu ~ for any Southern Baptist readers out there) from church tomorrow night ... our home school group's Christmas party on Wednesday ... extra choir rehearsals before our musical on Sunday night ... LB's dance class will be marching in our hometown Christmas Parade on Saturday evening ... and, hopefully we'll find time to squeeze in haircuts for the kids as well.

One of my favorite things ... introducing the kids to new experiences.

A picture to share with you ... a rare, but beautiful sight in Mississippi



Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybooks to enjoy or to learn how to create your own daybook.

1 comment:

Felicity said...

What a beautiful picture! Things like that are rare here too!