Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30th Daybook


Outside my window ... it is gray and rainy. It's fairly warm today, but the colder weather is coming.

I am wearing ... sweats and a t-shirt.

I am hearing ... rain falling.

I am going ... to get the kids today ... our family has been scattered for the last week or so, but today we'll all be back under one roof. Yippee!!

I am noticing that ... I am not nearly as ready for Christmas as everyone around me seems to be.

I am thinking ... that I am going to need to pace myself to catch up on everything this week.

I am hoping ... that the kids won't be too spoiled after having spent a week with grandparents.

I am reading ... the Psalms.

I am remembering ... a wonderful weekend with friends.

I am thankful for ... safe travels and homecomings.

On my mind ... family and friends in need of prayer.

Words that I am pondering ... What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. Psalm 56:3

From the learning rooms ... catching up on Zoology, geography and a book-it report to prepare on thankfulness.

From the kitchen ... who knows?

Around the house ... more catching up to do.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... aside from the catching up I've mentioned, carving out as many moments to enjoy the family being together as possible.

One of my favorite things ... being at home.

A picture thought to share with you ...

Want to join in the daybook fun? Just visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to find out how.

5 comments:

Snuffygirl5 said...

Don't worry about not being ready for Christmas! Try to enjoy the season.

Heather Anne said...

It's hard not to get stressed about getting ready for Christmas when the rush and frenzy are almost contagious - but being heart ready is far more important! Simplify, lower your expectations, and enjoy the glorious blessing of celebrating the coming of Jesus!

Ruth said...

I think this is my first visit and I'm glad I did. I'm also a homeschooling mom of 3.

You have adorable children.
Thanks for sharing! Hope to visit more in the coming days.

Felicity said...

I am a homeschool mom of 6 lovely, lively kids. I like your blog and will visit it again. Hope you get lots of time with the family!

dtbrents said...

It sounds like you have a very busy week. I'm a grandma who spoils her grands. I never do anything for Christmas but show up. I'm thankful for you moms who homeshool your children. You can change the future for the good. Doylene