Tuesday, February 8, 2011

do you glass?

For those of you who are like me, you may not even know what "glassing" is ... I didn't until a few months ago.  But, if any of you are hunters (or married to a hunter) or if you happen to do any bird watching you may be familiar with the term.

Glassing has to do with the use of binoculars, in this case, mostly for spotting game or maybe birdwatching ... and I don't do it.

But, my brother does.  When I was still in high school, Bob spent a summer in Montana working as a hunting guide and as a result he came up with an idea for a new product to make "glassing" easier and less tiring.  Bob, and his wife, Stacy, have been working to bring his idea to market and now they have!  It is called the Airlite Chestpod  and it not only works with binoculars, but also with cameras and camcorders (for those of us who are more likely to attend -and video- a recital or ballgame than go birdwatching)

I think it is pretty cool to have an inventor in the family and would love it if you took a moment to check out their website (linked above) and also their first press release on Bowhunting.net.

2 comments:

KTElltt said...

I don't glass but what a cool idea! Great claim to fame! :)

Handwoven Dreams said...

Thanks for the blog comment! I need to learn the James 1:19-20! I'm adding it to my verses to learn list! Hope ya'll are having a SUPER day!