Thursday, September 9, 2010

the promised pictures - part one

I tried to post these pictures on Tuesday, but Blogger and I couldn't get along, so I am trying again today.  Hopefully one of us will be in a more cooperative mood.

------------------------------------------------

I took exactly 160 pictures over Labor Day weekend.

That may be a little excessive.  It is no wonder I need to get an external hard drive to back up all my pictures.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy a small glimpse into our weekend.

Part One ... the boat ride

Daniel at the helm ... notice Uncle Charlie's hands in his lap!
Just because I thought it was a cool picture :)
LB loving the wind in her face
Mr. Cool
The only way I could get all three of them together
LB (with Bianca) on her first time tubing.
D loves being on the water and walked around
like he owned the boat!
I think Bianca was a little bored with the slower speed Charlie chose
so that LB wouldn't be scared.
JW took a turn tubing, too.  His partner is Bianca's friend Anaka. 
This was toward the end of the ride when Charlie picked up the pace a little bit.
JW took a turn driving the boat, too.  At this point, Uncle Charlie was
helping him navigate a turn.
The kids couldn't sit up on the edge of the boat out on the open water,
but here on the bayou near Charlie's house, they could.
I think they may have been having fun. ;-)
I am not sure if Charlie knows what he has started with my kids or not.  Pat (his wife & Ronnie's aunt) says that he enjoys any excuse to get the boat out into the water.  That is good, because I think the kids will be begging to go riding every time we make a trip to the coast now.

4 comments:

justcallmerie said...

Love the pictures - you better back them up!

Greg and Donna said...

Looks like fun! I am sure they all had a blast!

KTElltt said...

So glad y'all got to go. It's so great to get away from it all and just enjoy being a family...

rutledgeramblings said...

Ohhh . . . so jealous!! We used to have a boat and how I miss those days of relaxing on the lake. Glad you got to enjoy your time!