Monday, September 6, 2010

daybook

#28 for 2010
Hosted by Peggy @ The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window ...
is Granny's back yard.  It is warmer today than it has been, but still not too bad.

I am hearing ...
Ronnie watching Dirty Jobs.  We don't have cable/satellite at home so we enjoy watching our favorite shows when we come to Granny's.  I usually camp out in front of Food Network.

I am wearing ...
my hang in the house clothes are the same anywhere ...
blue lounge pants and an old t-shirt.

I am going ...
home. 
It is a good thing, but I wouldn't mind a few more days of relaxing.

I am hoping ...
that LB had a good night staying with her cousin last night ... and that Charlie survived having two giggling girls all night!

I am noticing that ...
the dog has adjusted well to Granny's back yard.

I am thinking ...
or trying not to think about what has to be done this week.

I am reading ...
I don't think I'll be reading much besides British Lit for the next few months. 
This week we are working towards The Canterbury Tales ... yuck!

I am creating ...
I'll be getting things together for LB to make a wreath at Keepers this week.

On my mind ...
the busy week ahead.

I am remembering ...
that our first Book-It of the year is this week and
we haven't gotten started on our reports yet!

Counting my blessings ...
a relaxing weekend with family, a wonderful sermon at Granny's church yesterday, a chance to visit with Ronnie's 94 yr old Grandmother yesterday afternoon, going home today.

A quote for the day ... (held over from last week)
"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. "
— Martin Luther

From the learning rooms ...
we will be focusing on co-op work since it is going to be a short week and co-op meets on Friday.

From the kitchen ...
who knows ...
I have thoroughly enjoyed not having to make any food decisions
for a couple of days.  I do think I'll work on the week's menu on the way home.

Around the house ...
I refuse to think about the mess I left until I get home and have to actually face it.

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
just what I've already mentioned along with a trip to the library and a family reunion on Saturday.

One of my favorite things ...
a relaxing boat ride!

A picture to share with you ...
from Granny's picture file ...
The four kids who have been playing this weekend ... taken in 2007.
You'll notice a distinct difference when I get home and can post the pics
from this weekend ... man, have they grown!

1 comment:

Greg and Donna said...

Glad you had fun. I like LB's hair like that...so cute. We are getting back to reality tomorrow also! See you on Wed.