Friday, August 14, 2009

Sorting it out ...

I have been sitting, praying and staring at my computer screen for several minutes now as I try to find the words to express the heaviness in my heart. This week I have been following events that could possibly lead to a split in the church where I grew up. Even if the church manages to remain intact, the ministry of the church will be seriously wounded by the anger and hurt that has been unleashed on those who serve there. I have no doubt that this attack was masterminded by satan himself, but it has been carried out by men and women. People I have known for most of my life. People who would defend to the death that they are doing "what is best for the church." I have been away from this church for a number of years and don't pretend to know what is best, but I can't deny the heaviness that has gripped my heart as I wonder where this will all lead. I will be praying for the body of Christ in this church and I pray that they will be honestly seeking God's will for the church. I don't believe that this problem will be solved by human wisdom, only by divine intervention.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34 & 35

No comments: