Thursday, March 19, 2015

daybook ... 3/19/15

For Today...
March 19, 2015
Outside my window…
Blue sky with high clouds over the yard where I spent much of my childhood.
I am thinking…
about how much I love this place where I grew up and how much I love seeing my kids enjoying being here.
I am thankful…
for my friend Marie, who has started blogging again and spurred me into wanting to do the same.
I am wearing…
blue jeans and an Operation Christmas Child t-shirt
 with my new favorite shoes … 
a pair of Skechers that my daughter says are decidedly un-stylish.

I am creating…
plans for next year's Mississippi History class...
I am so excited about teaching the kids about their home state!
I am going…
to pick up LB from dance and then make a quick grocery store run before cooking supper.
I am wondering…
if spring is here to stay, or if we will have a cold snap at Easter.
I am reading…
But Not Forsaken … 
a book that I am previewing before JW reads it for his lit class.  So far, I am enjoying learning about the lives of German Mennonites after WWII.
I am hoping…
the rain holds off Saturday morning … 
at least until after LB and I finish our first 5k walk.
I am learning…
Algebra!
 Well, re-learning it so that I can teach it to LB … yikes!
In my garden…
nothing yet … but I am making plans!
In my kitchen…
minute steaks and ???
 That is why I have to make a grocery store run before supper.
 I'm hoping to find some fresh Brussel sprouts so that I can try a new recipe for roasting them.
In the homeschool room…
it is quiet for the moment … 
we've just finished lunch and the boys are having recess. 
 LB is reading her literature assignment.
A favorite quote for today…
Look Mama, I shot it!” From my 13 year old and his BB gun!  
He was quite proud of himself for "shooting" the stem of a wild onion so he could bring it to me.


A peek into one of my days, with a few of my favorite things ...
I walked around today and took pictures of things that I remember from my childhood that are part of the landscape that my kids see nearly every day, since we have our school room at my Daddy's house.

A piece of old farming equipment and the well-used grill that my Daddy built.

The old tire swing that my brother moved to the back yard and lowered when we started having kids.
Oh, the stories I could tell about this swing and the fun we had as kids.

Our old, dilapidated barn, still holding on behind the pine tree that was 2nd base in our backyard games of softball.

My Granny's swing.  If you look closely you can still see a set of wind-chimes she hung there.
Granny's been gone for more than 10 years, but little pieces of the past still hang on.

Did you enjoy this little glimpse into my world?  Check out other daybooks over at The Simple Woman's blog

1 comment:

izzy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that shoots flowers! ;)