Saturday, January 15, 2011

hidden treasure

I only have a few minutes to post tonight, but I've been wanting so share something I came across while looking through old greeting cards for a craft project I am working on (actually, it is almost finished and I can't wait to share pictures when I am done!).

I have a habit of keeping things for very long periods of time and sometimes I find real gems hidden among the things that I probably should have gotten rid of years ago.  This is one of those times.  I am pretty certain that I know which of the ladies at church shared this in our Wednesday night devotion time, though I am not sure exactly when it was done ... sometime around 2004 or 2005 I would guess since the cards I was looking through came from those years.  Anyway, what I found is a small white card with the following printed on it.

When hopelessness, despair, and apparently impossible crises come into our lives, there are three things we can do:

1. Receive and believe in the love an delight of our heavenly Father. 2. Never cease to pour out our hearts before Him, crying to Him.
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17

O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry ... But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee. Psalm 88:1-2, 13

For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places....For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me. 2nd Samuel 22:32-34; 40

The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11






 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31*
I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, [even] of thine only. O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Psalm 71:16-17
In the day when I cried thou answered me, and strengthened me with strength in my soul.  Psalm 138:3


* This verse isn't on the original list, but I thought it fit.
This little card encouraged me the night I found it.  I hope it brings you encouragement as well.
3. Encourage our souls with His promises daily. (Here are just a few)

No comments: