Monday, June 1, 2009

Daybook

For Today... June 1, 2009

Outside my window... hot sun and grass begging to be cut.

I am thinking... that I don't like cleaning up watermelon that a 3 year old dumped in my kitchen floor.

From the learning rooms... today is the first day of our summer session and we will start our new math in just a few minutes.

I am thankful for... our garden and the opportunity to teach my kids some life skills, like tying the tomatoes and weeding the beans.

From the kitchen... hamburger steak with onions and peppers, mashed potatoes and green salad for supper.

I am wearing... my comfortable, hanging out at home clothes.

I am reading... Whispers of Winter by Tracie Peterson ... one of my favorite authors.

I am hoping... to get our vehicle problem solved this week.
I am praying… for our city elections tomorrow and for a hurting friend.

I am creating... hopefully a sundress for LB this week ... we shall see.

I am going... nowhere today! We'll make up for it the rest of the week.
I am hearing... the kids playing in the yard.

Around the house... lots to catch up on after a busy weekend ... right this minute, I need to be washing the rest of the dishes so I can cook supper.

One of my favorite things... gospel music. We went to a singing last night at my parents' church and it was great.

A few plans for the rest of the week... mostly baseball. We have our regular games on Tuesday and Friday and a makeup game on Thursday. But we only have 2 more weeks, so we'll make it. I am looking forward to the used book sale our homeschool group is hosting this weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Waiting their turn. LB is the one in the middle ~ I haven't figured out how to get all that hair in a bun.

I hope you enjoyed my daybook ... if you did, there are lots more to read and enjoy here.

3 comments:

Jerralea said...

LB's hair is beautiful!

I love gospel music too. A group of us are planning to go to the National Quartet convention in September.

I had to smile when you said you don't like to clean up watermelon dumped in the floor by a 3 year old. Me neither, and I don't like to clean up the conters when a grown man has been cutting up watermelon, either!

Jerralea said...

sorry, counters, not conters!

Tara said...

I like your music. Yes Garden has been a awesome life skills here also. After all the rain it was the save the garden lesson.