Monday, May 4, 2009

a reluctant daybook


I didn't think I was in the mood to do this today, so I had planned to skip it until I started reading other ladies' daybooks and felt a little more inspired to do my own. I hope you enjoy reading a little bit of my day and that you will visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to read the many other daybooks posted there.

Outside my window ... sunny and warm ... it is looking like a nice day after a very rainy Sunday and a cloudy start to the morning.

I am thinking ... about all that I need to do before we go on vacation.

I am praying for ... the team from our church who will be heading to Alaska this month on a mission trip, my mom who will be getting another round of chemo tomorrow, and a solution for a situation with a friend that I don't know how to handle.

I am thankful for ... sunshine and the fact that my kids seem to be getting over their sinus issues.

From the learning rooms ... nothing at the moment ... we will be doing very little school this week as we are preparing for our first ever summer session of school. I am excited about the new math curriculum we will soon be starting and I am even more excited that the kids are excited about getting started. Wow!!

From the kitchen ... some sort of chicken dish tonight since we will be home. I am not really sure beyond tonight, except that we will be having beans and rice at least once this week!

I am wearing ... gray sweat pants and a red t-shirt ... man, I feel like a slouch, but at least I'm comfortable!

I am reading ... ugh, I'm still trying to finish Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I am really enjoying it, but it is taking forever because I just haven't had the time to sit down and read for more than a few minutes at the time lately.

I am hoping ... that the parking lot sale our church is having to raise money for the Alaskan mission trip goes well.

I am creating ... a plan for a flower bed along our back fence ... it is such a sad looking area and I am hoping to bring some life to it.

I am going ... to stay home today and clean house, unless we decided to visit my parents tonight.

I am hearing ... the song "He Is" by Aaron Jeoffrey ... one of my favorite songs.

Around the house ... just the usual ... I do need to finish going through our stuff to see what else we might be able to donate to the church's sale.

One of my favorite things ... sleepy hugs from my youngest son ... just before he falls asleep or when he is just waking up he holds on to me as if I am the only thing keeping him from falling off of the planet.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... nothing special except my WmU meeting on Thursday night ... I am providing the meal and have to decide what I want to fix for the ladies. Everything else should be business as usual.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you ... the kids first picnic of spring. I'm not too sure why they chose the concrete driveway over the grassy yard, but they were having a blast, so I suppose it didn't matter. I just love the joy they find in the little things of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there. thanks for visiting my blog :O) I love visitors and to receive comments too!

I am thankful for the story you shared with me about the couple you know who is struggling in their marriage. Since my post that you read the Lord has truly blessed our fellowship with the couple I mentioned. Truth is, I believe we all have room for improvement in marriage relationship (boy, do we ever, lol, :O)

I am so thankful that this couple in which I have mentioned has also been a blessing in my own marriage too.

I really agree with what you had to say. Escpecially knowing what James 5:16 says.

Blessings and good day to you!