Monday, April 13, 2015

spring ... in pictures

Like most people, I love Spring. I mean really, what is there to not like about Spring?

Well, besides the pollen that covers everything and that pesky hour we lose to the time change. But, that is another post entirely.

20 some odd years ago, when I was choosing what to do with my life, I really, really wanted to be a photographer. Actually, my dream was to double major in English and photography and become a journalist. Now, I wish I hadn't been such a chicken. However, majoring in photography was expensive and I wasn't passionate enough, or brave enough, to take a risk. Silly me.

Formal training or not, I still indulge in one of my favorite past-times as often as I can. My dream these days is to own a really good camera … some day, maybe. Until then, my little camera (that will probably do far more than I realize), will have to suffice. And, for this post, I am going to share a little bit of what has caught my eye this Spring.



















As with most anything, there is a spiritual application to be found in these pictures. For me, it is about gratitude. I cannot imagine a world without the beauty of Spring flowers, and butterflies, and the busyness of bumblebees. It would be a bit presumptuous to think that God created these beauties just for me, but on the days when I am in need of a distraction from the daily grind, I am so thankful for a world with flowers and bugs and other critters to capture through the lens of my camera.


O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good;
for his mercy endureth forever.
Psalm 107:1

No comments: