Tuesday, October 2, 2012

daybook ... once in a blue moon

Have you ever wondered what that saying actually means?  Well, thanks to a question from one of my kids not long ago, I looked it up.  Of course, there is more than one answer to the question, but the most widely accepted answer is that a blue moon occurs when there are two full moons within a single calendar month.  Sounds good to me ... 

Now that you have been armed with a dose of useless information ... how about a little glimpse into my day.


FOR TODAY: 
October 2, 2012

Outside my window...
Yesterday's rain is gone and the sun is shining...the cooler temps are still hanging around, giving a decidedly fall feel to the air.  Ain't it grand?!

I am thinking...
about all that needs to get done today and about some things I need to order for school.

I am thankful...
for the cooler weather and for the way God provides the things we need.

In the kitchen...
I have a pork loin sitting on the counter waiting to be cooked ... just trying to decide how to cook it.

I am wearing...
sweats and a t-shirt

I am creating...
a trivet for some friends who are getting married soon ... actually, this one is for a joke and made at my husband's request ... since the bride is an Ole Miss fan and the groom a State fan, I have crocheted two pot holders, one blue and red and the other maroon and white ... I will stitch the two together and let them decide which one wins out.

I am going...
to stay home today and hopefully get some laundry and other housework done.

I am wondering...
if I'll ever get used to having to tell my kids that there are questions that I just don't know the answers to.  It is so hard to realize that we can't fix everything for our kids and somethings they will just have to struggle through.

I am reading...
Heart of the Wilderness by Janette Oke  and  the book of Proverbs

I am hoping...
that LB isn't disappointed with the ribbons she is awarded for her fair entries ... she is especially concerned about her wreath, since it was her favorite entry and she worked so hard on it.

I am looking forward to...
going to the fair on Thursday and seeing our projects displayed.

I am learning...
to trust God even more each day as I recognize the things in my life over which I have absolutely no control.

Around the house...
the housework was neglected last week as we completed fair projects and then had an extremely busy weekend, so I need to catch up this week.

I am pondering...
Proverbs chapter 2 ... there is much to ponder in those verses

A favorite quote for today...
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

One of my favorite things...
quiet evenings at home with the family.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
going to the MS State Fair on Thursday to see our craft projects, going back on Saturday to work in the booth for Operation Christmas Child and hopefully spending much of the rest of the week at home.

A peek into my day...
D doing mazes on my bed ... waiting patiently on me to do his phonics lesson

the potholders commissioned by Ronnie
that will soon be sewn together to make a trivet

I hope you enjoyed your little glimpse into my day ... if you want to take a similar look into the lives of other bloggers, visit  The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

I love Janette Oke's books. My favourite is Love Comes Softly, although I won't watch the movies. I don't like it when they change the story line (even a little bit...)

Cute photo of your son - I wish my children would learn to wait patiently.. ;-)

justcallmerie said...

sounds like a great day - you didn't leave the house!

D's adorable in that photo!

i still struggle with not knowing all the answers. Sorry, but it just gets harder cause the questions get harder!