Tuesday, August 31, 2010

daybook

#27 for 2010
Hosted by Peggy @ The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window ...
It is dark and not so oppressively hot as it has been.

I am hearing ...
Praise You in this Storm by Casting Crowns ...
I absolutely love that song.

I am wearing ...
blue plaid jammie pants and a yellow t-shirt

I am going ...
to get in bed before midnight tonight!

I am hoping ...
for some good advice from homeschooling moms in
answer to my questions on my other blog.

I am noticing that ...
I am finding it harder and harder to find time
to blog these days and I really miss it!

I am thinking ...
about, and looking forward to, our long weekend
and a much needed break from the scenery around here!

I am reading ...
all about Beowulf as I prepare to teach it this Friday in co-op.

I am creating ...
a few plans for LB's birthday party sleepover ...
I think I may have let her invite too many girls!

On my mind ...
school and my interaction with my kids.

I am remembering ...
how thankful I am that Mama's scan came back clear
and that she will get a little more time off before she has to start chemo again.

Counting my blessings ...
homeschooling my kids (after today, I need to remind myself that this is a blessing!), wonderful new friends that God has brought into my  life, D getting to ride to the coast with my parents and spend last weekend with Ronnie's mom - all by himself - for the first time, being part of the dedication service for our new hymnals on Sunday and hearing our pastor speak on the importance of music in a worship service, sharing the 5th Sunday lunch with our church family.

A quote for the day ...
"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. "
— Martin Luther

From the learning rooms ...
aside from the everyday, mundane stuff, we are also studying the skeletal system in Anatomy and should finish up our first unit in history by the end of the week.  I am hoping to do some "fun" history activities and notebooking next week.

From the kitchen ...
it is pantry/fridge clean-out week and I am hoping to stay out of the grocery store all week.
We may have some odd meals, but at least nothing will be wasted.

Around the house ...
I need to catch up on laundry so that we will have clothes for the weekend!

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
amazingly, we have no plans other than church and co-op on Friday morning ...
that is until we head south on Friday night!

One of my favorite things ...
days that I don't have to leave the house!

Pictures to share ...
frying quail eggs ...
 this pan will only hold 3 chicken eggs at one time


I finally finished my scarf!


Thanks for stopping by ...
I hope you have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Felicity said...

The scarf looks great! I really like the Martin Luther quote. I also just don't find time to blog much, and when I do it's always interrupted by someone! I do a lot of posts in my head though...
Enjoy your weekend away, and slightly cooler weather. We're almost right backinto summer.
Blessings,
Felicity

Donna said...

Hi, Jennifer,

Sounds like a good week...so glad to hear about your mom's clean scan! What a blessing!

I like your new scarf. I don't know how to crochet, but my oldest daughter is learning from a lady in our church. She has made a purse and is currently working on "granny squares" for an afghan.

I've never seen quail eggs before. :) Did they taste good?

Have a great day, Jennifer~

Greg and Donna said...

Your eggs are beautiful and I LOVE the scarf! Great job. I bought yarn to start my scarf this weekend so maybe it will be done before the fair. I crochet alot slower than all of y'all.

justcallmerie said...

First things first - I really miss your blog, too!

Your scarf looks great!

Just think, after your nice weekend away you'll come back refreshed and ready to tackle a new week.

Last, but most importantly, I'm so glad to hear about your mom's scan. Rejoicing with you, my dear friend.

Mandy said...

Your scarf is beautiful...it looks so soft! I also find that I don't have as much time to blog since school started, and I really miss it! Think I'll have to get a little more organized so I can enjoy this more. This is the first time I've stopped by from the Simple Woman's Daybook, but I'm glad I stopped by on the day to read about your mom's good news!!