Tuesday, February 23, 2010

my first tuesday daybook

#7 for 2010


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Outside my window ~
it is still winter ...
we aren't used to this much uninterrupted winter weather this far south.

I am wearing ~
blue jeans and a light blue shirt ... I am still barefoot though.

I am hearing ~
"There Is Love" by Peter, Paul and Mary
This song was sung at our wedding and listening to it still gets to me.
 I think I'll put it at the top of my playlist so you can hear it, too.

I am going ~
to be running all day.

I am noticing that ~
I really missed doing my daybook last week. 
I really enjoy starting off my week this way.

I am thinking ~
that I can finally tell LB today about the new venture we will be starting tomorrow.

I am hoping ~
to actually purchase furniture this week ...
we have looked several times and I think we are narrowing down what we want.

I am reading ~
The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers

I am creating ~
wish lists for next year's school.

I am remembering ~
several things that I should have done yesterday ... I really need to do them today.

Counting my blessings ~
a talk with an old friend, getting to know new friends better, 
music, hearing my kids sing, a new book.

On my mind ~
how blessed my family is.

Words that I am pondering ~
How does being a "new creature" in Christ affect your daily routines?

From the learning rooms ~
more cleaning than school this week.

From the kitchen ~
I really don't know ... that is sad isn't it.

Around the house ~
ugh ... I have been neglecting bathrooms and I will tackle them this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week ~
I don't think I have really formulated plans for this week yet ...
I'm not sure why, but I just can't get a handle on direction for this week.
One of my new favorite things ~
watching old - I mean really old, like from the 1980's, tv shows on the internet.


A picture to share with you ~
my parents' house in the snow

Please take a moment to visit The Simple Woman's Daybook
to see other daybooks or to participate.

Thanks for visiting!
I hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Felicity said...

I hope you do get to purchase your furniture this week. It's such fun to get some new stuff!
Have a wonderful week!!

Greg and Donna said...

I watched those really OLD shows during the time my oldest was born! The 80's is the decade after I graduated from high school! Boy, now I feel really old! I hope Lora will be as excited as we are to have y'all joining us! Have a great rest of the day!

justcallmerie said...

That is a beautiful picture, it doesn't even look like Mississippi.

Cleaning bathrooms, let's don't go there!

Handwoven Dreams said...

Jennifer, your posts inspire me! Smothered potatoes is a dish Ira had growing up - its a very simple preparation - potatoes, sliced, longways, chopped onions, put in a pot with a little oil, salt and pepper. The pot is then covered and the potato/onion mixture "smothers" and browns in the steam.

I hope we can get together soon! I LOVE talking about curriculum!