Thursday, October 8, 2009

Afternoon Tea

Thanks to my friend, Stacey, I finally have pictures to share from LB's tea party. Not only did my girl have a great time at her party, she now has a new hobby. She fell in love with her paper dolls and has spent hours playing with them since the party.



To get ready for the party, LB and I, with the help of my mom and sister-in-law, cut out a paper doll for each girl and tons of outfits for the girls to use as templates for their own designs. LB and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out bunches of scrap booking paper for the girls to use for their doll's clothes. All the girls seemed to like the idea and worked hard to get just the right look for their dolls. We had doll hair for the girls to use, though it was pretty hard for them to work with, they still thought it was fun.



Of course, what would a tea party be without tea? Well, still a party apparently. We did serve tea, but it was just good old sweet iced tea. We are southern girls after all. Besides the tea, we also had pink lemonade, fruit, finger sandwiches, Danish wedding cookies (LB's favorite!) and some beautiful petit fours.


It is fortunate that we don't do big, themed parties every year for our kids, because I don't know what I could do to top this one for LB. I guess I have a couple of years to come up with a plan for the next big milestone ... of course, then she'll be a teenager, hmmm, I don't think I'll dwell on that today!

2 comments:

Greg and Donna said...

What fun! You did a great job! Amy was a paperdoll lover too! There was a scrapbook shop in GA where we could die cut the dolls and clothes (it cost $5 a year). We took our own paper and cut out hundreds of dolls over the years. They made great party favors and goodies in b'day gifts.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Donna! I would love to have been able to die cut the dolls and clothes ... it would have saved me a LOT of time!